DO I NEED NEW DENTURES?
Well that depends. Here are some things to consider:
- Dentures should normally not be worn for more than seven years without being replaced or refitted.
- Dentures should not cause continual irritation or soreness.
- Dentures should usually fit comfortably, adhesives are sometimes needed.
- Dentures can hide evidence of oral pathology. An annual examination of the oral tissue by a dentist is recommended.
- Older dentures can develop weak areas that may result in fracture of the denture base or denture teeth.
- Dentures which fit improperly can cause wearing down of the ridges, and a caved in facial appearance.
If you fall into any of the above catergories, you should visit the dental prosthetist as soon as possible.
HOW LONG SHOULD A DENTURE LAST?
Dentures should last between 7-10 years. By constructing your dentures with premium quality materials, we offer a 5 year extended care warranty on our complete denture range.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY DENTURES?
Clean your dentures with liquid soap and a denture brush twice a day. Toothpaste is great for natural teeth, although too abrasive for acrylic dentures.